ryandejonghe

Ryan DeJonghe - The Avid Reader

11/22/63: A Novel

11/22/63 - Stephen King Stephen King is a master class storyteller. Without his brilliantly crafted narrative, I would have never finished this 849 page journey. I’m usually reluctant to pick up a book covering time travel or historical fiction, but King’s characters kept my interest alive. The magic behind the novel is finding the force that drives men into action, whether it is family, love, or self-interest. Yes, this is a book about possibly changing the course of history, but more importantly about the course of life.

I would be hesitant to recommend the book without a fair warning: it does drag on in parts. King has well researched every aspect of the time period and the events surrounding his story. In parts the pages come alive, in other areas it plods along. To some, this may be of great interest, but to others, skim along because the future is well worth looking forward to.