ryandejonghe

Ryan DeJonghe - The Avid Reader

Juggling Elephants: An Easier Way to Get Your Most Important Things Done--Now!

Power Electronic Converters: Dc Dc Conversion - R. Bausière JUGGLING ELEPHANTS is the first collaboration between WHO MOVED MY CHEESE? and Franklin Covey trainers Jones Loflin and Todd Musig. Together they tell the parable of a father giving advice to his daughter, who is having a difficult time managing her hectic life. The parable compares life to a tightly-run three ring circus.

This book is of similar size to WHO MOVED MY CHEESE? and will be a quick read for most people. The father’s advice to his daughter—the same advice for readers of this book—begins around page 25. The important themes are highlighted in bold print; there are many inserted pages given for the purposes of repeating these quotes in large, quotable fonts—this makes the book easy to re-review and re-enforce.

The story itself is kind of cheesy (pardon the pun), but the advice contained within is practical and worthy. As the ringmasters of our own lives, we must continuously ask ourselves “which acts should be in the ring right now” and “which ring should I be in at this moment”. This topic is furthered with such ringmaster considerations as: listing the acts, reviewing the program, looking for new acts, and determining how to keep the existing acts successful.

This debut collaboration is a welcome addition to the self-improvement philosophy field. While the dialogue and story may seem trite, the message is unique and practical. The tools of the ringmaster will prove a valuable tool to those seeking order amongst their chaos.

More recently, the authors continue their philosophies in the evolutionary (and non-parable form) GETTING TO IT!